Nominations are accepted each year, based on the following criteria:
- Nominees must qualify in any one or a combination of:
- Athletic participation
- Nonathletic (volunteer) participation
- Teams or members of a team – National Senior Games Medal is a requirement to be eligible for nomination.
- Nominations may be submitted by anyone. Self-nominations are acceptable.
- Nominees may be nominated posthumously.
- Nominations may be made for anyone involved in the Mississippi Senior Olympics (MSO) for a least 10 years and are MS resident or Native Mississippian.
- All nominees will be judged on their individual accomplishments and significant contributions to the MSO.
Once nominations are received, the MSO Committee makes the final selection of athletes or nonathletes to be inducted. Inductees will be honored and inducted into the Hall of Fame at a banquet held each year during the annual MSO Games. Inductees will be given awards for their outstanding contributions to the MSO. Qualifying years are Athletes and nonqualifying years are nonathletes.